Saturday 4 June 2011

Active duty Navy. Need help changing my residency for tax purposes!?

I%26#039;ve been told by many many many people, including tax professionals to change my state of residency from GA, to Fla. Well, I%26#039;m stationed in VA, and have never lived in Fla. Yet, they say, everyone does it. Tell me how!!!|||People just change it on their form but if you get caught you can get in trouble. I live in Va also and my hubby used my parents address in texas so he doesn%26#039;t pay state taxes...if you know someone in a state that has no taxes ask to use their address and have an unimportant bill or something you pay online sent there and you can claim residency.|||First, thank you for your service. Second, go to your personnel officer and ask him/her how to change your state of residence. Third, if you ever see an old Chelsea Ships%26#039; clock, please let me know?|||just pay the state tax. go to PSD and make sure VA is your place of residency. DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE OTHER PEOPLE!!!! if you are collecting BAH, changing your residency could lower it by massive amounts. i should know. take my advice. stay on the up and up.|||actually, the Navy no longer allows us to change our HOR.. they stopped it a couple of years ago. Does Georgia charge income tax on monies earned outside of Georgia? if you own a home in Virginia, you may be able to file using that address instead.