Saturday 4 June 2011

How to change residency?

I%26#039;m moving to phoenix from north dakota, and going to be going to school.. but how do you get residency and i need to change my licence, what do i do?





Do i have to retake my license test? driving or written (computer) like the permit, i don%26#039;t know what to except. and what if i fail the test if its on the computer.. do i lose my license all together?|||When I went to the motor vehicle department to trade my California license for an Arizona license the only thing I had to do was fill out a short form, hand them my Ca. license, pay $9 and have my picture taken. That was all there was to it. There was no written or behind-the-wheel-test required.





They even gave me back my old license as a souvenier. It was an easy event.|||You MUST reside in Arizona for one year to establish residency for purposes of in state tuition rates. For all other purposes it is assumed that you are an Arizona resident if you take a job, register to vote, avail yourself of any other state service only available to residents, etc. Those things require you to change your driver license and auto registration within 30 days. You may have to take the written test, but NOT the behind-the-wheel road test. I you fail your first attempt you get 2 more chances to retest.





You%26#039;re in for quite an experience going from one of the coldest states in the Winter to one of the hottest states in the Summer.