Saturday 4 June 2011

What do I legally need to do since I am moving from NC to NY in terms of my residency/state ID, etc?

I may be moving back in a year or two, so I%26#039;m not taking my car with me (it will stay with my sister in NC) but I would like to have an ID card or a drivers license in NY. Do I need to change my residency or anything for tax purposes? Can I get an ID or a driver%26#039;s license without changing my residency? I%26#039;m just very very very confused on how all of this works.|||Residency in one state vs another is not a big deal at all. If you plan to live and drive in NY, you should obtain a NY drivers license. If you don%26#039;t plan to drive while living there, skip it, because you can use your NC license for ID. When you file state income tax, just follow the directions to prorate it between the two states.|||do you want a ny id to feel cool ?


i was gona move from ny to nc, but bailed last minute.


anyways i dont know the answer to your question


please bring me some ciggarettes they are twice the price up here.|||Just get an ID for the state of NY and keep your DL in NC. A lot of people have double state residency.