Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I change my residency so that I can attend another school out of my state?

I live in Nevada, and go to UNLV. I just want to go to a school out of state without paying for too much. My dad has an apartment in LA that he uses for work. I was just wondering if I can use this address to obtain my residency in California. I have heard conflicting times of when I get my residency as well. Can anyone clear it up? Finally, would my idea work if I still live in Vegas while I get my residency in California?|||You have to reside in CA for a year before being considered a resident and are eligible for the lower tuition for public schools. Some schools have %26quot;neighbor state%26quot; programs though which would allow your tuition rate to be somewhere between what in-state and out-of-state students pay. Check with whatever schools you are considering to find out if they have anything like that.