Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I claim Florida residency for applying to UF?

I filled out a paper for other colleges such as FAU and FSU, but when I went to www.uf.edu, there was only a residency change form and a student financial statement page to be filled out. Do i need to do this or is there another way to claim residency? Help.|||Call the registrar and ask for the rules.





Every out of state college student would like to think he or she is a state resident for tuition purposes, so the colleges make this difficult.





I can tell you how NC works. They want things like voter registration, car registration, evidence of financial emancipation from parents, employment history, a full year of residency other than college housing, and so on. I thought my sone had a pretty good case with all these thigs, but he was denied.|||I have changed state residency twice, you can go to the BMV to get a state driver%26#039;s license. when you do that, your original license will be taken away. one year from then, you will officially become the resident of the new state.





unless of course, you are a dependent of someone who is already a resident in the state. then you are considered a resident as well.|||http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/residency/鈥?/a>





Click on the %26quot;initial residency classification%26quot; link and fill out that form and send it in.