Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I change my residency from NC to VA?

I got married two weeks ago, and now have moved to the state of Virginia. I want to change my state of residency, so that I am not filling out two states taxes, ect. I have filled out the name change forms for marriage, change of address forms, and all documents now list my state of residency and address as Virginia. What more do I need to do for the government to recognize that as my only state of residence? Thank you.|||Sounds as if you%26#039;ve done what you need to do. Why do you think you will have to fill out two states taxes? That will only happen the first year of Va. residency if you worked and paid taxes in NC. you will fill out part year residence tax forms for both thereafter it will be Va. only.|||move to Va.|||You%26#039;ll be moving back to NC when the new massive Honda plant is built. VA has a falling economy currently. NC is growing.|||You need to get a driver%26#039;s license in Virginia and get your auto tags in the county where you live.|||Just drive about 100 miles to the north