Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I change my state residency officially?

I%26#039;m 17 years Old and from NY but I%26#039;m moving from NY to VA to live with my uncle. How do I change my state residency so I don%26#039;t have trouble doing things like applying to take the GED or getting my drivers license or receiving mail?|||Move there. Go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to get a Virginia license (You%26#039;ll probably need your uncle to show he has a power of attorney from your parents to act as a guardian). You get a from at the post office to have your mail forwarded to you at your new address. When you are 18, register to vote and for selective service from Virginia.|||You move there and you live there.


WHY is this such a difficult concept to grasp?|||Move there, LIVE there, pay TAXES there, register to VOTE there.