Saturday 4 June 2011

How can I change my residency in Canada?

My husband and I are landed immigrant from two years ago in Ontario. Now, he applied for Concordia University and is accepted for that. The tuition fee for that school for Quebec resident is different from non-Quebec resident. I wanna know is it possible that we change our residency status from Ontario to Quebec to pay less for the school?


I am not native speaker please so not use slangs and idioms.


thanks.|||http://quebecresidency.concordia.ca/guid鈥?/a>





For proving eligibility for Qu茅bec Residency, you must apply online on the MyConcordia portal. (link above)





http://quebecresidency.concordia.ca/situ鈥?/a>





14 residency requirements, of which you must satisfy one to claim quebec residency.





If you do not qualify for any of these 14, then you MUST PAY non-quebec fees.





You have to live in Quebec for 12 months and NOT be attending any school to be eligible for quebec residency. You currently cannot fulfil that requirement. You are most likely not eligible for the other 13.|||m|||I%26#039;m not sure about universities in Canada, but in the United states, you have to live in the area where the university is for one year in order to get the in area tuition. Contact the school and find out what you are able to do. Good luck.|||No, you can not.|||M