Saturday 4 June 2011

"How" should I move to MA from NC?

In a nutshell: I%26#039;ve lived in Charlotte, NC since I was 3, and when I graduate college in spring %26#039;10, I want to move up to Boston- or the surrounding area. I have many good close friends in the region and love New England in general. I feel home there.





But I%26#039;m wondering, what do I need to DO to do this? My friend said it%26#039;s easier done than said, but how do I do things like finding an apt, or finding work [I%26#039;ll have a Meteorology degree]?





Is there any bureaucratic legal stuff I%26#039;d need to take care of [I don%26#039;t want to move there and find out that I needed to %26quot;officially%26quot; change residency status or something tediously-bureaucratic like that], or is it really as easy as going there, moving into an apartment, and interviewing for work and such?|||We just move from WI to SC, and basically we bought a 45%26quot; trailer (cheaper than uhaul and now we can sell it), packed it and moved. We traveled with 3 small children, no jobs, no house to come to, no relatives here. Just wanted to get out of the cold. I left behind 3 grown children and a new first grandchild. We stayed at a hotel that offered weekly rates (you can also get monthly). We found a four bedroom house in 3 weeks of being here. We%26#039;ve been here 4 months and now my boys are moving down here. I would suggest padding yourself with some cash for the move and if you are driving the move, take your time and see the sights along the way it is a good way to let go and look forward to new beginings (we took 2 weeks, but we had kids to travel with). It is easier done than said, I know I talked about making this move for 6 1/2 years, and I am so proud I finally let go of my inhibitions. If you know you want something just get it done, everything else will fall into place, as it is meant to be. You will be just fine. Also we have not reregistered our vehicles, or changed our license, if your are close to expired in NC renew before you leave, but really that is just a way to hold on to what you are used to.