Saturday 4 June 2011

Do I need to change my residency to California.?

I am working in California from New Mexico. I dont really want to be a Cal resident. Do I need to get a Cal. Drivers license? How long does it take to prove residency?|||I think it depends on whether you are going to stay in CA and for what length of time; you can check with the IRS website and the DMV for their answers|||1. California prohibits anyone who takes a job in California from driving in California without a California license. If you do not drive in CA, then you probably do not need a CA licence. If you are driving in CA and working in CA, then you need a CA license.





2. You do not decide your residency. You are a resident where you live, whether or not you do the paperwork.|||The California Driver Handbook states that if you accept a job in California you MUST obtain a California Driver License within 10 days to drive here.|||As long as you maintain a residence in NM, then you don%26#039;t need to transfer anything to CA.