Wednesday 21 September 2011

Hi! Can you give me some insights on how will I change my j 1 visa status to immigrant status?

By the way, 2 -year residency requirement doesn't apply in my case. thanks a lot
Hi! Can you give me some insights on how will I change my j 1 visa status to immigrant status?
You'd have to qualify in some way. The J visa itself doesn't qualify you for a green card. Most immigrant visas are based on petitions filed by close family members who themselves are citizens or green card holders. there are some employment based immigrant visas and there's also the Diversity Visa Lottery program. Otherwise, an H1b skilled worker visa could eventually lead to immigrant status.
Hi! Can you give me some insights on how will I change my j 1 visa status to immigrant status?
I think you should go online and read the information there pertaining to the type of visa you are seeking. It's the official US website, and it gives you links to other sites, if needed.
J1 is one of the classifications that cannot change status. You are a no-go. If you want to be a LAPR, go home and come back on an immigrant visa in two years.
Marry an american.

Get a green card in the diversity visa lottery.