Friday 16 September 2011

I need some help with a predicted financial situation?

I'm shipping out to boot camp in the Marine Corps reserves. Once I finish I'll be transferring my credits to the University of Oklahoma to finish school. Assuming my parents don't help me (which they probably won't) what are my options?



I know my Reserve Select GI Bill will give me around $7000 with tuition assistance and I'm not sure what kind of scholarships I will get. I'm hoping to change my residency status to Oklahoma from Louisiana (been in school in Oklahoma for a few years and enlisting in Oklahoma) but if worst comes to worst then oh well. I'm also getting married in 2011, will that qualify me for certain grants and whatnot? Will private loans pay for the difference? How much can I borrow with private loans? I want to get this figured out asap so if anyone has any helpful hints that would be great!
I need some help with a predicted financial situation?
The GI Bill will help quite a bit. It is comparable to a hefty scholarship. I'm not sure what the policy is for Oklahoma, but in order to get the in-state tuition for my college (University of Michigan-Ann Arbor) you have to have lived in Michigan for six years (I think). So, you might have to pay the out of state tuition cost. I doubt being married will help you with grants, but being married will certainly help in interviews for scholarships. Private loans from the government come in two categories: subsidized and unsubsidized. Both are essentialy the same. On one (don't remember which one), there is a limited amount you can take out, but on the other one it is unlimited. I believe both have a six percent interest rate.
  • website hosting
  • hair magazine
  •