Saturday 24 September 2011

If I live in NJ now but move to PA for college, how can I become eligible for in-state tuition fees?

Instead of becoming financially emancipated from my parents, can i change my legal guardian to my aunt in Pennsylvania? Will her Pennsylvania residency then apply to me? And how would I go through the process of changing my legal guardianship from my parent to my aunt? I am 18 years old.
If I live in NJ now but move to PA for college, how can I become eligible for in-state tuition fees?
You are over 18. You need to live in PA for at least one year before you would qualify for instate tuition.

https://www.ecampustours.com/payingforco鈥?/a>
If I live in NJ now but move to PA for college, how can I become eligible for in-state tuition fees?
I mean yes techincally you can do that, but they will recognize you moved just for the difference in tuition. If you are applying for financial aid they'll need all of the information as far as where you lived, esp. if you recently moved.



If you are 18 you don't need to change the legal guardianship from your parent to your aunt. You just need to change your address to there. Change your ID and forward all your mail to her address.