Saturday 24 September 2011

Becoming a resident of Massachusetts- converting Driver's Lisc. and Car Registration?

I'm over 18. I lived in Massachusetts a while go, as a kid. My parents split up, and we went to NH. I've been a resident of NH for about 5 or 6 years now. I've have my lisc. and a car since September 2008.



My dad lives in MA still and so I'll be moving in with him. I've got a few questions about becoming a resident.



How much does it cost to convert a regular ol' Driver's Lisc. from NH to MA. On the website it says $125, but there are other fees below it. Are these also needed (they're about driving records and such) to be paid when converting your lisc. over?



For registering a car, how much is it? How about inspection? I've got a '95 Ford Taurus if that helps.



What's the deal on insurance? My mom, who lives in NH, has the insurance policy that my car is on. If I switch to an MA residency, do I have to change my insurance somehow and/or get my own?



Last: Marriage question! If I want to get married to someone who lives in NH, do they need to become a resident of MA? What fees are there, in general?



Any other fun facts/taxes/fees I should about? I'm a college student attending and living in MA. I get in-state fees already, since my dad lives here, so it's not like I'm trying to get residency.



Thanks!
Becoming a resident of Massachusetts- converting Driver's Lisc. and Car Registration?
change car to ma and get ma plates ma insurance. marriage is she going to live with you in ma then she will have to change her car plate and etc to ma .call dads ins agent on the fee's. the registration and the ins they can help there .ma inspection emissions and safety is 29$ you're basically talking about 6-700 dollars to get in.. license /ins down payment/ inspection and so forth
  • What are duvet covers
  • msdn
  •