Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I get proof of residency for a Fl driver's license?

I'm in a bind - I need to change my drivers license to fl before I can start my new job down here but need 2 proofs of residency before I can get it changed. I won't be able to get my car title transferred in time (long story). If I register to vote on the same day can I use that new voter's registration card as one proof? Also, it says on the fla dmv website that a written statement from the person I'm living with would count as another proof. I have no formal rental agreement (I'm just renting a room in a private residence). What would constitute a written statement? Can it be a hand-written statement or is there some official document they'd need to fill out?
How do I get proof of residency for a Fl driver's license?
I believe a piece of mail would suffice for that but I'm not sure. I don't think you get a voting card the same day you register though (register early and you might have it in time). I would assume a written statement could be handwritten or typed with a signature stating the person's name and the address and the renting %26quot;agreement,%26quot; etc.



I encourage you to call the DMV though and find out what exactly you can use.