Saturday 24 September 2011

How hard are the following residencies in terms of getting accepted into them?

Psychiatry

Dermatology

Pediatrics



These are all medical careers I'm thinking about. I kind of dream about being the guy with the power to really change people's lives, and make people love me by showing them that I love them, like in a friendly way, so other careers that are less social (brain surgery), ARE NOT MY THING. Dermatologists discuss acne issues, Pediatricians work with children, and Psychiatrists talk to people a lot.
How hard are the following residencies in terms of getting accepted into them?
Dermatology is the toughest residency to get. Dermatologists also have to do skin surgery. The best residency for you is probably internal medicine or family practice which are easy to get. I think you need to do an internal medicine residency before doing a dermatology one anyway.