Saturday 24 September 2011

How can I get a U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency?

I'm a high school student attending a public high school. I don't have the U.S. citizenship nor do I have the permanent residency. However, I'm legally a resident right now with my father's business visa (E2). I'm currently a sophomore, and I would like to go to an American college, like the University of Washington. However, after I become 21, I'd have to change my visa to a student visa, which will cost my family a fortune-- and we do not have that kind of money. The best way to solve this problem is to get a permanent residency or a citizenship. What are the ways that I can get either of those two? I heard that enlisting in military branches can do.



So again, is there any way for me to attend college as a permanent resident/citizen (at least after I am 21)? And continue to live in the United States?



If you need any more information, please ask.

Thank you in advance.
How can I get a U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency?
The system is either:



Marry a US citizen over 21 years old and making over $30,000 per year.



Get an F-1 student visa and go to college, get a job for a year under OPT, have the employer get you an H-1B during that year, if one is available. Then once youhave the H-1B the employer can apply for a green card for you. With a bachelor's degree, expect the green card to take about 7 to 9 years after they apply for it.





The catch is that you cannot get any US student aid when in college. And once you start college you have to transfer to an F-1 visa. You have to pay full international student rates. And until you have your degree you car not skilled enough to qualify for an employment based green card.
How can I get a U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency?
The E-2 is a non immigrant visa... There is no path to a green card with this visa ..and E-2 child dependents have to leave aged 21 .... Your can never get LPR or citizenship ...



the military requies a green card as a minimum
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ >



http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ >